You are at Astrology Scriptures >> Saravali by Kalyana Varma
22. LUMINARIES IN MAHAPURUSHA YOGAS. Though Mars etc. may be strong in the respective cases of Pancha Mahapurusha Yogas (vide Sloka 2 of this Ch.), if the Sun and the Moon are weak, the person will not attain kinghood, but in the period of the concerned planet will be endowed with children and wealth.
1. Earlier, the Yogas of kinghood have been explained. There can be some factors, which prevent the effects of such Yogas, which I explain in this Ch..
2. Out of Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and the Sun, if two, or more be in fall and one of them simultaneously be in the Ascendant, as the Moon is in Scorpio, the RajaYogas will become futile.
3. The RajaYogas in the horoscope are only name sake, if the Moon being weak is in the last NavÄÅÅa of a Movable Sign, or in the 8th NavÄÅÅa of a Fixed Sign, or in the first NavÄÅÅa of a Common Sign and is without aspect from any other planet.
4. Same effects will come to pass, if all malefics occupy Angles identical with debilitation/inimical Signs, while benefics are shunted to the 12th, 6th and 8th Houses.
5. If the Ascendant is in Vargothama position without aspect to any planet, the RajaYogas will only be a failure.
6. Even a hundred kingly Yogas will be of no avail, if Aquarius rises, while 3 heavenly bodies are in their Signs of fall.
7. If there is no benefic in an Angle, or with the Moon, while 4 planets are either in fall, or in combustion, or in inimical Signs, the RajaYogas are marred.
8. Should the Sun be in his own NavÄÅÅa, while the Moon is in combustion and in aspect to malefics without the aspect of benefics, the native will enjoy rulership (with the help of other Raja Yogas) only to relinquish the kingdom soon and will become miserable.
9. Should the Moon lend her inimical aspect to the Ascendant Lord, while the Sun, Mars and Saturn are in their order in the 3rd, 6th and 7th, the RajaYogas will become ineffective. Benefics should in this case be not in Angles, but suffer combustion.
10. If five heavenly bodies are in fall at birth the RajaYogas will not come to pass.
11. If meteor, noise of contending winds in the sky (or earth quake, or thunder), Vyatipata, or Upaketu be seen at the time of birth, the good RajaYogas stand nullified.
12. If Trisankhu Nakshatra (Trisankhu was a monarch of the solar race, who remained suspended with his head towards the earth, as a constellation in the southern hemisphere) rises at the time of one’s birth, while the Ascendant is occupied by Saturn, as there is fall of a comet, the Raja Yogas do not come to pass.
13. If the planets capable of causing Raja Yoga are inclined to enter in war, or are becoming splendourless, or about to lose their strength, the RajaYogas will stand canceled.
14. If weak Moon is in her deep degree of debilitation the RajaYogas get destroyed, just as a king going against an astrologer.
15. The Sun in the 10th degree of Libra will destroy all RajaYogas, just as miserliness eclipses all the good attributes of a person.
16. This Sloka is repeated in the original. The meaning is identical with that of Sloka 15 above.
17. Even though other planets may be in their Mulatrikona, exaltation, or own Signs, while the Sun is singly in deep fall, the RajaYogas will be unavailable.
18. If Jupiter occupies Capricorn, as Ascendant, while the Moon is not in Cancer, the native will become miserable, just as a penniless lewdster in the place of a courtesan.
19. If in the formation of Kemadruma Yoga, the Moon is without the aspect of another planet, the RajaYogas lose their existence and the native will be devoid of good conduct.
20. If 3, or more planets be in fall even the son of an emperor ruling over the entire earth will take to begging, be miserable, be dirty and penniless.
21. If 5 planets occupy inimical Signs, or are in combustion, while the Sun, or the Moon is not in exaltation, the kingly Yogas will become ineffective.
22. If Venus occupy his debilitation NavÄÅÅa, even a vast kingdom is deprived from the native.
23. RajaYogas have been explained earlier. The combinations marring such kingly states are given in this Ch.. The stronger one of these two will only prevail.
24. RAJA YOGA. The Sun in Virgo, Mars in Scorpio along with Jupiter, as the Moon is in Aries: this configuration will produce a king the dust of whose elephants will darken the-skies.
1. The people all over remain perplexed over the question of longevity. So I narrate the relative principles based on the Shastras here under.
2-3. SELECTION OF SYSTEM FOR LONGEVITY COMPUTATION. Out of the triothe Sun, the Moon and the Ascendant, if the Ascendant is the strongest, Amsayurdaya should be resorted to. Pindayu is the best, if the Sun is predominant, while Nisargayu is the apt choice with Moon prevailing. If the three in question are bereft of strength, then Jeevasarma’s system can be used.