Ch. 21. Effects of 10th House
1. I now explain the effects of 10th House. Listen to these, o Maitreya, in the words of Brahma, Garga and others.
2. Paternal Happiness. If 10ths Lord is strong and in exaltation, or in its own Rāśi/Navāmśa, the native will derive extreme paternal happiness, will enjoy fame and will perform good deeds.
3. If 10ths Lord is devoid of strength, the native will face obstructions in his work. If Rahu is in an angle, or in a trine, he will perform religious sacrifices, like Jyotishyatoma.
4. If 10ths Lord is with a benefic, or be in an auspicious House, one will always gain through royal patronage and in business. In a contrary situation, only opposite results will come to pass.
5. Should 10th and 11th House be both occupied by malefics, the native will indulge only in bad deeds and will defile his own men.
6. If the Lord of 10th House is relegated to 8th House along with Rahu, the native will hate others; be a great fool and will do bad deeds.
7. If Saturn, Mars and 10ths Lord are in 7th, as 7ths Lord is with a malefic, the native will be fond of carnal pleasures and of filling his belly.
8-10 Should 10ths Lord be in exaltation and be in the company of Jupiter, as 9ths Lord is in 10th the native will be endowed with honour, wealth and valor. One will lead a happy life, if 11ths Lord is in 10th and 10ths Lord is in Lagna, or, if the Lord of 10th House is conjunct with the Lord of 11th House in an angle. Should 10ths Lord in strength be in Pisces along Jupiter, the native will doubtless obtain robes, ornaments and happiness.
11. Should Rahu, Sun, Saturn and Mars be in 11th House, the native will incur cessation of his duties.
12. One will be learned and wealthy, if Jupiter is in Pisces along with Venus, while Lagnas Lord is strong and Moon is in exaltation.
13. Should 10ths Lord be in 11th, while 11ths Lord is in 1st House and Venus is in 10th, the native will be endowed with precious stones.
14. If the 10ths Lord is exalted in an angle, or a trine and is conjunct with Jupiter, or receives a Aspect from Jupiter, one will be endowed with deeds.
15. Should 10ths Lord be in Lagna along with Lagnas Lord, as Moon is in an angle, or in a trine, the native will be interested in good deeds.
16. If Saturn is in 10th House along with a debilitated Planet, while 10th House in the Navāmśa Kundali is occupied by a malefic, the native will be bereft of acts.
17. One will indulge in bad acts, if 10ths Lord is in 8th House, while 8ths Lord is in 10th House with a malefic.
18. Obstructions to the natives acts will crop up, if 10ths Lord is in fall, as both 10th House and the 10th from 10th House have malefic occupations.
19-21. Combinations for Fame. One will be endowed with fame, if Moon is in 10th House, while 10ths Lord is in a trine from 10th House and Lagnas Lord is in Lagnas angle. Similar effects will come to pass, if 11ths Lord is in 10th House, while 10ths Lord is strong and gives a Aspect to Jupiter. Fame will come to the native, if 10ths Lord is in 9th House, as Lagnas Lord is in 10th House and Moon is in 5th House.
22. O excellent of the Brahmins, thus have been told about the effects of 10th House in a brief manner. Other related effects be guessed by you based on the relationship of the Lords of Lagna and of 10th House.
Ch. 22. Effects of 11th House
1. O excellent of the Brahmins, I now explain effects relating to 11th House, the auspiciousness of which House will make one happy at all times.
2. Should 11ths Lord be in 11th itself, or be in an angle, or in a trine from Lagna, there will be many gains. Similarly, if 11ths Lord is exalted, though in combustion there will be many gains.
3. If 11ths Lord is in 2nd House, while 2nds Lord is in an angle along with Jupiter, the gains will be great.
4. If 11ths Lord is in 3rd House, while 11th House is occupied by a benefic, the native will gain 2000 Nishkas in his 36th year.
5. If 11ths Lord is conjunct with a benefic in an angle, or in a trine, the native will acquire 500 Nishkas in his 40th year.
6. The native will own 6000 Nishkas, if 11th House is occupied by Jupiter, while 2nd House and 9th House are, respectively, taken over by Moon and Venus by position.
7. Should Jupiter, Mercury and Moon be in the 11th from 11th, the native will be endowed with wealth, grains, fortunes, diamonds, ornaments etc.
8. One will gain 1000 Nishkas in his 33rd year, if 11ths Lord is in Lagna and Lagnas Lord is in 11th House.
9. If 11ths Lord is in 2nd House, as 2nds Lord is in 11th House, one will amass abundant fortunes after marriage.
10. If 11ths Lord is in 3rd House, as 3rds Lord is in 11th House, one will gain wealth through co-borns and will be endowed with excellent ornaments.
11. There will be no gains in spite of numerous efforts, if 11ths Lord is in fall, in combustion, or be in 6th, 8th, or 12th House with a malefic.
Ch. 23. Effects of 12th House
1-4. O Brahmin, now I tell you about the effects of 12th House. There will be expenses on good accounts, if 12ths Lord is with a benefic, or in his own House, or exalted, or, if a benefic occupies 12th. One will own beautiful houses and beds and be endowed with superior scented articles and pleasures, if Moon happens to be 12ths Lord and be exalted, or be in its own Rāśi and/or Navāmśa, or in 11th/9th/5th House in Rāśi/Navāmśa. The said native will live with rich clothes and ornaments, be learned and Lordly.
5-6. And, if 12ths Lord is in 6th, or 8th House, or be in enemy Navāmśa, in debilitation Navāmśa, or in 8th House in Navāmśa, one will be devoid of happiness from wife, be troubled by expenses and deprived of general happiness. If he be in an angle, or trine, the native will beget a spouse.
7. Just as these effects are derived from 1st House in regard to the native, similar deductions be made about co-borns etc. from 3rd and other Houses.
8. Planets placed in the visible half of the zodiac will give explicit results, while the ones in the invisible half will confer secret results.
9. If Rahu is in 12th along with Mars, Saturn and Sun, the native will go to hell. Similar effect will occur, if 12ths Lord is with Sun.
10. If there is a benefic in 12th, while its Lord is exalted, or is conjunct with, or receives a Aspect from a benefic, one will attain final emancipation.
11. One will wander from country to country, if 12ths Lord and 12th House are with malefics and 12ths Lord gives a Aspect to, or receives a Aspect from malefics.
12. One will move in his own country, if 12ths Lord and 12th House are with benefics and 12ths Lord gives a Aspect to, or receives a Aspect from benefics.
13. Earnings will be through sinful measures, if 12th is occupied by Saturn, or Marsetc. and is not receiving a Aspect from a benefic.
14. If Lagnas Lord is in 12th, while 12ths Lord is in Lagna with Venus, expenses will be on religious grounds.