Ch. 18. Effects of 7th House
1. O excellent of the Brahmins, listen to me, detailing the effects of the 7th House. If 7th Lord is in his own Rāśi, or in exaltation, one will derive full happiness through his wife (and marriage).2. Sick wife. Should 7th Lord be in 6th, 8th, or 12th, the wife will be sickly. This however does not apply to own House, or exaltation placement, as above.
3. Excessive Libidinousness/Death of Wife. If Venus is in 7th, the native will be exceedingly libidinous. If Venus conjunct a malefic in any House, it will cause loss of wife.
4-5. The 7th lord. Should 7th Lord be endowed with strength and be conjunct with, or be aspected by a benefic, the native will be wealthy, honourable, happy and fortunate. Conversely, if 7th Lord is in fall, or is combust, or is in an enemy Rāśi, one will acquire sick wives and many wives.
7-8. Miscellaneous matters. The native will befriend barren females, if Sun is in 7th. Moon therein will cause association with such female, as corresponding to the Rāśi, becoming 7th. Mars, placed in 7th, will denote association with marriageable girls (those with menses), or with barren females. Mercury indicates harlots, mean females and females, belonging to traders community. Wife of a Brahmin, or a pregnant female will be in the natives association, if Jupiter is in 7th. Base females and females, having attained their courses, are denoted by Saturn, Rahu/Ketu in 7th.
8-9. Mars denotes a female with attractive breasts. Saturn indicates sick and weak spouse. Jupiter will bring a spouse with hard and prominent breasts. Venus will bring one with bulky and excellent breasts.
10-13. Malefics in 12th and 7th, while decreasing Moon is in 5th denote, that the native will be controlled by spouse, who will be inimical to the race (or family). If 7th House is occupied, or owned by Saturn/Mars, the native will beget a harlot, as his spouse, or he will be attached to other illegally. Should Venus be in a Navamsa of Mars, or in a Rasi of Mars, or receive a Aspect from, or be conjunct with Mars, the native will kiss the private parts of the female. If Venus is so related to Saturn, the native will kiss the private parts of the male.
14-15. Worthy spouse. The native will beget a spouse endowed with (the seven principal) virtues, who will expand his dynasty by sons and grandsons, if the 7th Lord is exalted, while 7th is occupied by strong Lagna Lord and a benefic.
16. Evils to spouse. If 7th House, or its Lord is conjunct with a malefic the natives wife will incur evils, especially, if 7th House, or its Lord is bereft of strength.
17. Loss of spouse. If 7th Lord is devoid of strength and is relegated to 6th, 8th, or 12th, or, if 7th Lord is in fall, the natives wife will be destroyed (i.e. she will die early).
18. Lack of conjugal felicity. If Moon is in 7th, as 7th Lord is in 12th and the Karaka (indicator Venus) is bereft of strength, the native will not be endowed with marital happiness.
19-21. Plurality of wives. One will have two wives, if 7th Lord is in fall, or in a malefic Rāśi along with a malefic, while 7th House, or the 7th Navamsa belong to a eunuch planet. If Mars and Venus are in 7th, or, if Saturn is 7th, while the Lord of Lagna is in 8th, the native will have 3 wives. There will be many wives, if Venus is in a Dual Rāśi, while its Lord is in exaltation, as 7th Lord is endowed with strength.
22. Timing of marriage (upto Sloka 34). If 7th Lord is in a benefics House (or in 9th, as Subha Rāśi so means), while Venus is exalted, or is in own Rāśi, the native will marry at the age of 5, or 9.
23. If Sun is in 7th, while his depositor is conjunct with Venus, there will be marriage at 7th, or 11th year of age.
24. Venus in 2nd, while 7th Lord is in 11th will give marriage at the age of 10, or 16.
25. Marriage will take place during the 11th year, if Venus is in an angle from Lagna, while Lagna Lord is in Capricorn, or Aquarius.
26. The native will marry at 12, or l9, if Venus is in an angle from the Lagna, while Saturn is in 7th counted from Venus.
27. Should Venus be in 7th from Moon, while Saturn is in 7th from Venus, marriage will be in the 18th year.
28. Marriage will be in the 15th year, if 2nd Lord is in 11th, while Lagna Lord is in 10th.
29. An exchange between the Lords of 2nd and 11th will bring marriage 13 years after birth.
30. Ones 22nd/27th year will confer marriage, if Venus is in 7th from the 8th House (i.e. 2nd from Lagna), while his depositor is conjunct with Mars.
31. Should 7th Lord be in 12th, while the natal Lord is in 7th in Navamsa, marriage will be in 23rd/26th year of age.
32. Either the 25th year, or the 33rd year will bring marriage, if 8th Lord is in 7th, as Venus is in Navamsa Lagna.
33. Should Venus be in 9th from 9th (i.e. in 5th House), while Rahu is in one of the said Houses (i.e. in 5th/9th), marriage will take place during 31st, or 33rd year.
34. The native will marry at 30, or 27, if Venus is in Lagna, while the 7th Lord is in 7th itself.
35-39. Timing of wife’s death. Loss of wife will occur in the 18th year, or 33rd year of age of the native, if 7th Lord is in fall, while Venus is in 8th. One will lose his spouse in his 19th year, if 7th Lord is in the 8th, while 12th Lord is in 7th. The natives wife will die within three days of marriage due to snake bite, if the native has Rahu in 2nd and Mars in 7th. If Venus is in 8th, while his depositor is in a Rāśi of Saturn, death of wife will take place during the natives 12th, or 21st year of age. Should the ascendat Lord be in his Rāśi of debilitation, as 2nd Lord is in 8th, loss of wife will occur in the 13th year of age.
40-41. Three marriages. Should Moon be in 7th from Venus, while Mercury is in 7th from Moon and 8th Lord is in 5th (from the Lagna), there will be marriage in 10th year followed by another in the 22nd year and yet another in the 33rd year.
42. Death of wife. lf 6th, 7th and 8th are in their order occupied by Mars, Rahu and Saturn, the natives wife will not live (long).
Ch. 19. Effects of 8th House
1. Long Life. O excellent of the Brahmins, listen to me speak on the effects of 8th House. If 8ths Lord is in an angle, long life is indicated.
2. Short Life. Should 8ths Lord join Lagnas Lord, or a malefic and be in 8th itself, the native will be short lived.
3. Saturn and 10ths Lord about Longevity. Similarly consider Saturn and 10ths Lord in the matter of longevity. 10ths Lord is in 8th along with a malefic Planet and/or Lagnas Lord.
4-7. Long Life. There will be long life, if 6ths Lord is in 12th, or, if 6ths Lord is in 6th, as 12ths Lord is in 12th, or, if 6ths Lord and 12ths Lord are in Lagna and 8th. If the Lords of 5th, 8th and 1st House are in own Navāmśaas, own Rāśis, or in friendly Rāśis, the native will enjoy a long span of life. Should the Lords of Lagna, 8th and 10th House and Saturn are all disposed severally in an angle, in a trine, or in 11th House, the subject will live long. Like these, there are many other Yogas, dealing with the issue of longevity. The strength and weakness of the Planets concerned be estimated in deciding longevity.
8-13. Short Life. Ones span of life will be between 20 and 32 years, if Lagnas Lord is weak, while 8ths Lord is an angle. The native will only be short-lived, if 8ths Lord is in fall, while 8th House has a malefic in it and 1st House is bereft of strength. Death will be instant at birth, if 8th House, 8ths Lord and 12th House are all conjunct malefics. Malefics in angles and/or trines and benefics in 6th and/or 8th House, while 1st House has in it 8ths Lord in fall: this Yoga will cause immediate end. If 5th and 8th House and 8ths Lord are all conjunct malefics, the life span will be very brief. Within a month of birth, death will befall the child, if 8ths Lord is in 8th itself, while Moon is with malefics and be bereft of beneficial Aspect.
14-15. Long Life (again). One will be long-lived, if Lagnas Lord is in exaltation, while Moon and Jupiter are, respectively, in 11th and 8th House. If Lagnas Lord is exceedingly strong and receives a Aspect from a benefic, which is placed in an angle, the person concerned will be wealthy, virtuous and long-lived.
Ch. 20. Effects of 9th House
(1) Combinations for Fortunes. O Brahmin, now listen to the effects of 9th House. One will be fortunate (or affluent), if 9ths Lord is in 9th House with strength.
(2) Should Jupiter be in 9th House, while 9ths Lord is in an angle and Lagnas Lord is endowed with strength, one will be extremely fortunate.
3. Fortunate (Affluent) Father. If 9ths Lord is with strength, as Venus is in 9th, while Jupiter is in an angle from 1st House, the natives father is fortunate.
4. Indigent Father. If 9ths Lord is debilitated, while the 2nd and/or the 4th from 9th House is occupied by Mars, the natives father is poor.
5. Long-living Father. Should 9ths Lord be in deep exaltation, while Venus is in an angle from 1st House and Jupiter is in the 9th from Navāmśa Lagna, the father of the native will enjoy a long span of life.
6. Royal Status for Father. If 9ths Lord is an angle and receives a Aspect from Jupiter, the natives father will be a king endowed with conveyances, or be equal to a king.
7. Wealthy and Famous Father. Should 9ths Lord be in 10th House, while 10ths Lord receives a Aspect from a benefic the natives father will be very rich and famous.
8-9. Virtuous and Devoted to Father. Should Sun be in deep exaltation, as 9ths Lord is in 11th House, the native will be virtuous, dear to the king and devoted to father. If Sun is in a trine from Lagna, while 9ths Lord is in 7th in conjunct with, or receiving a Aspect from Jupiter, the native will be devoted to his father.
10. Fortunes etc. Acquisition of fortunes, conveyances and fame will follow the 32nd year of age, if 9ths Lord is in 2nd, while 2nds Lord is in 9th.
11. Inimical to Father. There will be mutual enmity between the father and the native, if Lagnas Lord is in 9th House, but with the Lord of 6th. Further, the natives father will be of contemptible disposition.
12. Begged Food. If 10ths Lord and 3rds Lord are bereft of strength, while 9ths Lord is in fall, or combust the native will go begging for his food.
13-25. Combinations for Fathers Death. The father of the native would have passed away prior to the natives birth, if Sun is in 6th, 8th, or 12th House, as 8ths Lord is in 9th House, 12ths Lord is in 1st House and 6ths Lord is in 5th House. Should Sun be in 8th House, while 8ths Lord is in 9th, the natives father will pass away within a year of his birth. If the Lord of 12th House is in 9th House, while 9ths Lord is in its debilitation Navāmśa, the natives father will face his end during the 3rd, or the 16th year of the native. Death of father will occur in the 2nd, or the 12th year, if Lagnas Lord is in 8th House, as 8ths Lord is with Sun. Should Rahu be in the 8th from 9th, as Sun is in the 9th from 9th, death of father will take place in the 16th, or the 18th year of the native. If Saturn is in the 9th from Moon, as Sun is with Rahu, the natives father will die in the 7th, or the 19th year of the native. The native in his 44th year will lose his father, if 9ths Lord is in 12th, as 12ths Lord is in 9th. If Lagnas Lord is in 8th House, as Moon is in Sun’s Navāmśa, the native in his 35th, or 41st year will lose his father. One will lose his father in the 50th year, if Sun, being the Lord of 9th, is conjunct Mars and Saturn. If Sun is in the 7th from 9th House, as Rahu is in the 7th from 3rd House, the 6th, or 25th year of the native will be fatal for father. If Saturn is in the 7th from 8th House, as Sun is in the 7th from Saturn, the ages of 21, 26, or 30 will be fatal for the father. If 9ths Lord is in its debilitation Rāśi, while his depositor is in 9th House, the native will lose his father at the age of 26, or 30. Thus the Jyotishyais may know the effects.
26. Fortunes. One will enjoy abundant fortunes, if Venus is in deep exaltation and be in the company of 9ths Lord, as Saturn is in 3rd.
27-28. Fortunate Periods. Abundant fortunes be acquired after the 20th year, if 9th has Jupiter in it, as its Lord is in an angle from Lagna. Should Mercury be in his deep exaltation, as 9ths Lord is in 9th itself, abundant fortunes will be earned after the 36th year.
29. Should Lagnas Lord be in 9th, as 9ths Lord is in Lagna and Jupiter is in 7th, there will be gains of wealth and conveyances.
30. Lack of Fortunes. If Rahu is in the 9th from 9th House, as his depositor is in 8th House and 9ths Lord is in fall, the native be devoid of fortunes.
31. Food by Begging. Should Saturn be in 9th House along with Moon, as Lagnas Lord is in fall, the native will acquire food by begging.
32. O Brahmin, these are the effects related to 9th House. I have explained briefly. These may be estimated with the help of the state of the Lords of Lagna and 9th House and in other manners as well.